Thursday 22 November 2012

Weekly Blog by Philip King, CEO of the ICM - 'Standing tall and proud'



When I said in my blog last week that it was time for credit professionals to stand up, to be noticed, and to be proud, I was talking about the value they contribute to their organisations and to the wider economy. I'm glad to say that I'm seeing a trend that exemplifies the pride I'm talking about.

I've noticed an increasing number of ICM members who include their designatory letters - AICM, MICM, MICM(Grad), or FICM - on their business cards, their email signatures, their LinkedIn profiles, and elsewhere. These letters are not just given away when someone becomes an ICM member; they have to be earned by gaining qualifications and/or having their practical experience verified, validated and reviewed.

Some might say the practice is archaic but I believe those who have earned them should be proud of their achievement and are right to use them in this way. If you don't tell people what you've achieved, who else will?

I've also seen a marked increase in the number of ICM members wearing the ICM badges we launched earlier this year. This, too, is a good way of promoting your professionalism and - if you don't have a badge - simply email icmmembership@icm.org.uk and we'll be delighted to send you one.

Don't be a shrinking violet!



No comments:

Post a Comment