Thursday 23 August 2012

Guest Blog by Nigel Fields, Director of International Credit at Twentieth Century Fox - 'Who the hell is Nigel Fields'

I thought, as this is my first ever Blog, that I should first start by letting you know; Who the hell is Nigel Fields?
 
OK, here I go, I think I am incredibly lucky!  In fact I feel life has been really kind to me, from being with my fantastic wife, Jackie since age of 13, (hey, I was not married then) rolling on to 32 years later with our two great kids Harry and Sally, who kindly make sure I never have any money to worry about and can continue to train and practice for myself the art of ‘Debt Management’.  I have met so many fantastic friends along the way.  And today I am working with, what I consider, to be one of the greatest businesses of all, ‘The MOVIE Business’ and in particular Twentieth Century Fox where I sit in Soho Square, London which is also probably the coolest, friendliest place in London.
 
I have been at Fox for 13 years now, and have established my role at Fox as Credit Director working with all countries outside of the USA and Canada.  Here’s a summary of what I get up to.
 
- Oversee Fox’s international risk management providing clarity of Fox’s objectives for risk and financial control to territories.
 
- Identify and monitor “at risk” customers within territories.
 
- Make recommendation for the mitigation of any risk gaps using best available and most cost effective solutions e.g. Credit Insurance, PUT options etc. and provide recommendations for doubtful debt provisions as required.
 
- Provide consolidated reporting of international Accounts Receivable.
 
- Assist Subsidiaries with debt recovery strategies.
 
- Best Practice reviews, improvements & enhancements.
 
- Provide the business with technical expertise in all areas of credit management and make best practice recommendations to territories for a structured credit management framework to improve cash flow where possible.
 
- Responsible for Credit vendor management.
 
 - Privileged to be a Member of the Institute of Credit Management and sit on the ICM Editorial Panel and Think Tank.
 
- Having to attend Premiere’s, meeting film stars and personalities, attending Awards e.g. Bafta’s, travelling the world and watching loads of films.  This makes it all so very hard.  It is a great business and I never ever get bored.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously must work hard! Crucial to corporations and enjoy the benefits.

    ReplyDelete